Instantly adding $100,000 in home value isn’t even the best part about this one, incredibly valuable home remodeling project
Add $100,000 To Your Home Value With This One Remodel
It may seem like a dream, but adding an elevator to your home can increase the value of your property by up to $100,000 — in an instant.
And that’s not even the best part.
A residential elevator is also one of the kindest things you can do for you and your family. Why? It increases the independence of the homeowners, protects their health, increases safety and extends the amount of time they can spend in the home. And that is one of the greatest gifts you can give anyone.
In case you’re looking for ways to extend your time — or that of a loved one — in your own home, here are three benefits to adding an elevator to your home.
- Up To $100,000 In Home Value
Adding an elevator to your home is one of the most practical and lucrative investments you can make in your home. Depending on the model, a residential elevator can add $100,000 in value, especially as more and more couples choose to age in place. Plus, the value of a residential elevator increases with the number of floors in the home.
- Increased Mobility In The Home
Whether you have a differently abled family member, aging parent or home business that requires a lot of lifting, a home elevator allows you to stay in place longer and with more ease. It increases the safety of the home, and gives residents more time to stay put — rather than selling or leaving the home for part-time or full-time assisted living. Being able to safely age in place is an invaluable advantage for homeowners, and it can do wonders for quality of life.
- Possible In Any Home
With various installation options, residential elevators can be made to fit almost any home, as well as any homeowner’s needs. There are three main types of elevators:
- Hydraulic: While this option takes up more space and requires a machine room, it’s ideal for new home construction because it provides a fast and smooth ride.
- Traction or MRL: A Machine Room-less elevator uses a counterweight in place of the machine room, so it’s easier to install in an existing home. This is generally the easiest and most affordable option when retrofitting.
- Pneumatic: This relatively recent innovation is by far the fanciest option. You’ll see pneumatic elevators most often in hotels, where they’re designed as transparent glass tubes that allow you take in the sights as you travel between floors. Though this type doesn’t require a machine room or shaft, you’ll need a wide entranceway to bring the tube in and house it.
Now that you’ve got the dream, call Randal G. Winter Construction Inc. at 661-799-8089 to make it a reality. For more information, visit rgwinter.com.
About Your Santa Clarita Construction Company
Santa Clarita construction company Randal G. Winter Construction strives to provide high-quality workmanship using skilled trades-people, up-to-date technology, and superior products. Our company takes into account the customer’s needs, timelines and designs, integrating those elements with our experience and knowledge of construction. Our goal is to build a finished product of which both our company and our clients are proud. We’ve been family owned and operated for over 35 years, and we take great care to treat your house with the respect it deserves.